Our ‘talking textbooks’ help learners engage with their studies.
Short online lessons are embedded in our books and bring the lesson material to life.
Optimi Publishing Excom offers
Grades 7 to 9
Grades 8 and 9
Grades 10 to 12
Grades 8 to 12
- Books for all ranges are available in English and Afrikaans in printed and e-book formats. Each book also has a corresponding teacher’s guide. The teacher’s guides are available only in English with a select few available only in e-book format.
- Our ‘talking textbooks’ can help learners engage with their studies. ‘Bubbles’, which are short online lessons, are embedded in our textbooks. The online lessons contain interactive audio and rich visuals which expand on the concepts being taught with additional examples and explanations.
- Books are in colour and make use of contemporary case studies and examples. The content has been written by experts in their relevant fields including examination panel members, national and regional moderators, and senior examiners.
Please note: The Economic and Management Sciences, Accounting, and Life Orientation series follow the CAPS curriculum. The Business Studies series follows the SAG (IEB) curriculum.
Scan here to access
The Economic and Management Studies (EMS) range is offered in three formats, all following the CAPS curriculum, but tailored to meet a school’s specific needs
- The classic EMS range contains three components – the economy, financial literacy, and entrepreneurship
- The Grades 8 and 9 Accounting range incorporates themes from the classic EMS range, with additional accounting theory and exercises
- The EMS and Life Orientation ranges follow the CAPS curriculum
Excom Business Studies workbooks
Excom also offers Business Studies workbooks in printed and e-book format that correspond directly with the Studying Business textbooks.
Workbooks are designed to aid learners when:
- Doing online learning from home
- Revising content they have learned in class
- Testing themselves while preparing for examinations
Workbooks help learners make use of their limited
studying time efficiently and effectively
Excom’s Business Studies workbooks follow the SAG (IEB) curriculum (not CAPS) and is suitable for use in IEB schools only.
Get in touch with
When clicking on submit, I agree to the terms and conditions.